On our first day in business, we made a promise to protect the environment. Since then, we have committed to ensuring that all our products are ecologically sound. We constantly review and update our environmental objectives, and seek out suppliers that share our concerns for the planet.
All our supplies, including papers, adhesive, and machine parts, are thoroughly scrutinized for their environmental safety.
- • Most of our paper products (such as our Bindercover product line) contain at least 50% recycled content, including 10% post consumer recycled material by weight.
- • Many contain as much as 25% post-consumer pulps.
- • The Bindercover line of products, and the binding strips contain no regulated levels of NTP, IARC, ACGIH, or OSHA listed carcinogens.
- • The cloths for our Fastback® Hardcover™ line are made from all natural fibers.
- • Powis complies with RoHS regulations as required
Fastback binding systems are designed and manufactured for safe use in any workplace. Unlike some other thermal or perfect binding processes, Fastback binders do not release harmful fumes. The binding machines have received safety approvals from UL, TUV, CUL, and MITI. The adhesive on the Fastback® binding strips is environmentally neutral. It will not pollute landfills or water tables with harmful chemicals.